Thursday, October 23, 2014

warm wishes + stretch your stamps


Hello!

Hope all is well!

I'm going to show how I stretched my stamps with a little masking. I used the bunny and chick from mSpring stamp set to create a Christmas card by adding the snowman's hat (from mWarm Wishes) stamp set and drawing a hat on the chick.




For the chick I took some washi tape (post-it's are great for this too...I usually use post-it but ran out of them) and cover the top of the chick's head where I want to draw the hat. Draw the hat with a pencil first than trace over it with a marker and erase the pencil.


Ink up the stamp, remove the washi tape and stamp.



I did the same with the rabbit. 



I too the snowman stamp from mWarm Wishes stamp set and masked off everything but the hat, after I inked the hat and took off the washi tape I rubbed off the ink where I wanted the ears to be with a baby wipe.

Don't worry if it doesn't look perfect...once you colour it those little mistakes won't show. Also you can fix any lines (if they didn't stamp clear) with a marker (I use Sakura Pigma Micron) and use a white gel pen to erase any tiny mistakes.



Again, same thing with the ears....





I embossed polka dots on the vellum to create the snow...I adhered the sides of the vellum at the back so the glue doesn't show through at the front.




I coloured my images with Graph'it markers and as you can see any tiny imperfections are gone once coloured in. 


Have a great day!
xo

7 comments:

Francine said...

Fantastic idea!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

They are so cute! What a wonderful way to stretch your stamps!!!

Patricia said...

great tutorial thanks

Krafty Kaylin said...

I love how you added the hats. great idea

Bad Kitty said...

super ideja

Vanessa Middleton said...

That is a SUPER great tip/technique. Thank you for sharing!!! <3

whoistracy said...

So cute! I love how you keep adding hats to these. It makes them even more irresistible.